Judi's Flying Monkeys

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Friendship gift!



Some of you know the story because you lived it with me for the past month! This was a drawing that my "artist friend Steve" did YEARS ago and was stuck. He didn't know what direction he wanted to take it. Since my art is way different from his fine, detailed style we thought it would be fun to see where I would take it. I had it for ten years plus (?) we really can't remember. It has been in my basement waiting for me but I just never had time. He was deployed for a month in January and I used that time to throw myself into this project. I would surprise him with it when he got back!
To make a long story short....it worked! He did forget about the piece. It is totally his art and my art merged......called IMAGINATION!
I've been so busy the past month with this art that I haven't been visiting the glitter board and blogs! I have missed everyone to death! I couldn't even share this on my blog since he could check in from Iraq!
A nice friendship gift! Don't you think?









It started out like this!





He does pen on cold press board. Black and white.

Once I added my touch..............it came alive with COLOR!
See images below!



5 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I can't believe how that art piece evolved...the years it took and the coming together again. I truly believe, and I've already told you this, that there is something profound at work here. It is absolutely amazing and wonderful and I hope he was truly gobsmacked at seeing it after all this time. You really did pour yourself in to it and the results are obvious...brilliant!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa
p.s. I've missed you, really missed you!

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

It's just stunning, Judi. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. This is what art is meant to be. I'm so happy he's home and happy you were able to surprise him with this amazing gift.

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger J C said...

AWESOME Judi. Hmmmmm, he's kinda awesome too.

 
At 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it it so great that the piece has both of your styles in it. It is fabulous.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger gma said...

Judi....This is wonderful. How great to have merged your art. This is very special in many ways.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home