Judi's Flying Monkeys

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

If I sent you an email with a link to here OR FROM A MESSAGE BOARD, you might want to go to the December post Goodbye 2006.
If you know me, you know why the ruby slippers are up.
The Wizard of Oz is my all time favorite movie.
The Virtues of Wisdom, Benevolence, and Courage:
The theme in The Wizard of Oz has to do with the virtues of wisdom, benevolence, and courage. These three virtues are 'universal' and are highly regarded in many cultures and religions including: Native American Indians, Christianity, Orthodox faiths, Shintoism, Eastern philosophies, Sun Tzu's Art of War, the writings of Socrates and Aristotle, and many others. The reason why they are so important is because they embody moral values and belief systems that most people strive to achieve.
I WILL LIST MY FAVORITE LESSONS!
Enjoy:
· Imagination can take you anywhere - even over the rainbow
· Sometimes you have to leave home to find it
· Follow the Yellow Brick Road, but always be ready for a detour
· Faith, hope and love can work wonders, but ruby slippers can't hurt either
· When friends stick together, they can work miracles
· Having the courage to ask for what you want is half the battle
· "Hearts will never be made practical until they are made unbreakable."
· The grass is always greener on the other side of the rainbow
· All you need is right there inside of you
· Keep home in your heart and you can always return to it
· When you go out into the world, remember: stand up for yourself, but always be kind to the little guys
· "There's no place like home!"

AND, of course........
DON'T MAKE ME CALL MY FLYING MONKEYS!

10 Comments:

At 1:09 PM , Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

As it said on the magnet my daughter got me as a stocking filler 'I'll get you and your little dog too' hee hee!
Hve a great shiney new year.

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Pam Aries said...

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!!!

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Pam Aries said...

Oh yeah...If there are any old witches out to get you...remember 'they get their's] in the end!

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger J C said...

Yesterday I was sitting at my art table working away and listening to NPR and they had a whole hour long program about The Wizard of Oz...the making of the movie, things people said about it, the time frame it was made in, etc. etc. (did you know the lion was thought to be gay because he sang that he was a sissy?) LOL it was a really fun program. May I borrow your shoes please?

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger KaiBlue said...

When friends stick together..a lot of wine is drank in Teacups..
Mwahahahahaha..my prettie!!

Peace, Kai.

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

heh heh Happy New Year!

 
At 4:02 AM , Blogger Tinker said...

I love the Wizard of Oz. The flying monkeys have always scared me though, so I hope you never call them out on me!

Wishing you a happy, glittering New Year!

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

My moms name is Dorothy and one year she received a tshirt that said 'Surrender Dorothy" on it. I don't know if I've ever told you she gave me the Franklin Mint shelf with all the Wizard of Oz figurines on it. Somewhere I have a framed poster too...you see it's one of my faves too.
I have been thinking of you so much - I feel sometimes like you are MY Glinda - I only wish the ruby slippers could heal.
Big Love,
Lisa

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger altermyworld said...

loved this post, lots of lessons to be found eh? how about a chunky book? you're a gem
ang

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Pam Aries said...

HEY... I thought MaCawhead guilted you into making a new post!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home