Judi's Flying Monkeys

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This will make your day!

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=9e7c4b40cf5a13cea6ca

I have a lot of great things to talk about today. I had a very unusual experience last night with something you might consider magical, super natural or a blessing. I have been "deliberately" PAYING attention to details lately in my everyday life. I bought a few new magazines to read myself to sleep, I keep them on the bed. About three times the same magazine fell out of bed and when I picked it up the same page would appear. I finally PAID attention and examined the article. Glamour magazine, page 212 REAL- LIFE DRAMA. (like I need more!)
"My Dad the drug lord" is the most amazing story written by Francine Lucas-Sinclair. It wasn't long before I was in tears. On Nov. 2nd Denzel Washington and Russel Crow will star in the new movie "American Gangster." Francine is the real life daughter of Frank Lucas, the drug lord. She is a beautiful woman with a wonderful dream. If you are interested, go to the link below and read her "about us" and the children's bill of rights. At the bottom of her mission page is the link to the article in Glamour.
Like I said, I was moved to tears with her story and wrote to her. She emailed me back before morning! I would like all of my friends to read her story and keep her in your prayers. I will do everything in my power to spread her story, she needs all the support and encouragement she can get.
Please take the time to read her story!
Here are the last few paragraphs from her page. They are extremely important!

It’s time for this to change; time that society starts paying attention to this matter. Thousands of hours are wasted by the media covering the exploits of people such as Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, or Paris Hilton, but children of incarcerated persons remain an afterthought—something most people think they will never have to worry about, unless, of course, they end up in jail, and they happen to have children. At the current rate of incarceration, it is estimated that by 2058, there will be more people in prison in the United States than outside of prison. So it's in our best interest to not only address the children, but also other aspects of incarceration.
To anyone and everyone out there who finds it in his or her heart to lend a hand, whether it be by supporting organizations, talking about the issue, creating laws, filming a documentary or just helping a child that you know, please do.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO VISIT HER SITE AND SEND HER YOUR PRAYERS AND PROMISE TO HELP.
http://yellowbrickroads.org/aboutus.aspx

5 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger Pam Aries said...

She's right! I have never even thought of the children of people in prison. What a sad situation.! I get so SICK of all the media hype of stupid celebs ..There ARE so many more important isssues like those she speaks of!

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger gma said...

I read the whole article in Glamour
about Francine's life. It is a touching story.Interesting too that her blog is Yellow Brick road
and you have flying monkeys.
xx

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger J C said...

Although logically the estimate regarding 2058 seems a little stretched (we sure better start building a lot more prisons and hiring more sheriff's like Joe), I agree that children of those in prison are not thought of much. It's a shame that these incarcerated parents didn't think of their children when they were committing crimes. I will read the article, thanks for the link. I too am sick, sick, sick of Britney, etc. These young actors need to get a "real" life. I recall Brook Shields was a very wild child too. At least she straightened up her act. TV producers also need to stop making and glorifying shows like The Sopranos.

 
At 3:41 PM , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Isn't she brave Judie? So many life lessons from one person..
I think that there is to many parents that dont think of their kids and such when they break the law..
I do think for non-violent offenders, like shoplifters, they should do community service, and stand outside the store with signs on saying they stole, rather then locking them up and costing tax payers money..
and, and..well, dont we wish would could save the world..sigh,

PEace sweetie, Kai xx

 
At 3:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm happy about everything you bring it very interesting and helpful, thanks
Signature:
facebook iniciar sesion gratis - Sitio Oficial iniciado sesión en Facebook lengua española. facebook inicio sesion entrar rápido, facebook iniciar sesion en tu cuenta de entrar facebook

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home