Judi's Flying Monkeys

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Rebirth or face lift of an old canvas

(click on image to enlarge)
If you have an old canvas that has been painted on repeatedly and you think it's time for the trash.....think again! If not, you can go to a thrift store and buy a cheap painting done with bad art! You know exactly what I mean. I remember them hanging on my parent's walls. There weren't exactly dogs playing cards but close!

You might have a favorite image that you are obsessed with. Start saving the image in every form you can. I LOVE the MONA LISA!
I started saving every image I found of her. Greeting card Monas, internet Monas, Dr's office magazine Monas, my magazine Monas......you get the picture!

Save....save....save....!

Using Modge Podge or any other collage medium glue the images to the canvas!

This one is not finished but the canvas is covered with every Mona I could find. Next will be the embellishing! Threads, beads, metals, buttons, ribbons, glitter ......... with a glossy diamond glaze or triple thick gel or spray!

MY wonderful glitter Mona girls!
This will go in Annie's room, she LOVES it!

8 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger violette said...

Oh My Judi! I really love it! what an awesome idea! I can't wait to see it with all the embellishments added!

love violette

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Mahala said...

Very cool. i will show this to my daughter. She did something similar once...it was hundred of eyes.
Mahala

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger KaiBlue said...

now that's a unique and wonderful *monaLisa* Judi..love it and after adding more!! post please?
Peace, Kai xx

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

I am really looking forward to learning from you and seeing what else you add to it. Beautiful! Have a Blessed Week!

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger gma said...

Oh I love this Judi!!! Too cool!

 
At 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is tooo kewl! Wooo How inspiring! I absolutely LOVE it! I wanta try one! I wanta try one! LOLOLOL Thanks for sharing this with us!
*HUGS*

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger J C said...

That's very kewl, Judi. What did you cover up? Where is the pottery guy?

 
At 3:23 AM , Blogger Giggles said...

Amazing wonderful Idea Judi...I could see my daughter doing this with old ticket stubs and musicians. This is just awesome...great job I love it!

Peace Sherrie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home