Judi's Flying Monkeys

Monday, September 03, 2007

Breathless in Ohio


I just got back from the most beautiful scenery on the planet.

Green was the theme. I honestly had visual overload on Saturday with colors and

images of unique magical things and people. I was in the Sugar Creek area, the Ohio Amish country. It was like a visit to another land. Here are a few photos to give only a hint of my trip. Wouldn't this first photo below be a Monet dream canvas. It was taken at Tappan Lake.
Once again I had to pull my car over to take in the beauty of the landscape. If you click on them they should enlarge for the full effect. The photo of the little red car was taken at a rest stop. I was knocked down a peg or two with my car detail bragging! What a beautiful little red baby!
The Amish images are taken from internet websites. My camera's batteries were dead and I didn't plan on photographing people. They do not like their photo taken and I respect that belief.

However, I had the most amazing time with a friend.
We did the tourist traps, we took a buggy ride, we went to a winery and a lot of his favorite haunts. Good food, good wine, beautiful country and weather and wonderful company. It doesn't get any better than this! I had my art supplies but like I said....it was sensory OVERLOAD!

I had multi mixed up image dreams that night because I just could not process it all.

Kai, if you haven't been here....please go! I envision you as our lady of nature!

It will take your breath away!



























4 Comments:

At 7:09 PM , Blogger Sophie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful inspiring time. Beautiful scenery indeed.

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger KaiBlue said...

those are beautiful!! isnt Amish country pretty? I drive through there a lot.. :) Im glad you enjoyed it!
Love your pictures, PEace, Kai xx

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

How beautiful indeed! And how interesting indeed that you had this nameless tour guide.*wink wink*
Great photos. I've always wanted to go to Amish country...somewhere!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger J C said...

Beautiful pictures Judi. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with he who shall remain nameless. I kinda like that. Nameless. The Nameless one. The Nameless Wonder. Mr. Nameless. Hmmmmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home