Judi's Flying Monkeys

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Let the WOODSTOCK 40th Anniversary begin!







It all starts with rubber gloves, lots of BRIGHT colors of fabric dye in squeeze bottles, rubber bands and bleach for clean up. This is quite messy....so if you're not in to "clean-up"....you might want to pass.
I haven't done tie dye in years BUT at one time I had it perfected. I once had a tie-dye room with curtains, slip covers, pillows and permanent blue hands.
Today is VERY foggy and constant rain, no sun in sight! I was amazed to see how bright the shirts looked hanging on the back porch with fog in the background.

6 Comments:

At 2:21 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Woo Hoo! Those look great. I haven't tie dyed anything in years. I know you'll make a fab entrance!

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Judi Noble said...

If anyone knows how to SET colors, let me know. These shirts in the photo were wet, they were washed and dried afterward and did NOT keep the bright-bright colors! I have no idea where to buy soda ash and someone at JoAnne Fabrics said use epsom salts in the rinse bath? Any ideas? My 60's 70's brain cells can not be located...thank goodness!

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger J C said...

OMG they are wonderful!!! When you get done, are you going to sell them? I want one! xoxoxo

 
At 2:10 AM , Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

Isn't white vinegar suppose to set it?

Wow! I love how these turned out! Awesome!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

 
At 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love them.

 
At 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judi soda ash is sodium carbonate which you can buy in the pool section to increase the ph. I guess just read the labels and make sure it is 100% the one I have is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home