Judi's Flying Monkeys

Friday, May 01, 2009

New art project

I'm really excited about this new project. I bought a vintage photo in frame at the Antique Mall to try out photo altering. I always look at the "people" and wonder what story they had. Who were they, how did their lives turn out. What wonderful things or tragedies did they experience.....waaaaay too up close and personal.
I feel a little bad about altering it but I read a quote...."nothing is so wonderful that it can't be changed." To ease my guilt I will have to think, Hey their own family put this photo in a junk shop!
Me: guilt-free!
Not totally guilt free. Reading the back of the photo frame makes me a little sad.
Did he come back? I think her spirit will LOVE being a Glitter Diva and possibly a walk on the wild side as a super freak redhead!
Take it away Rick James!

....................... the kind you don't take home to MahTHAH!

(photos enlarge if you click on them)





I will post photos later of the complete altered piece!

4 Comments:

At 1:16 PM , Blogger J C said...

Hey! That's my mom and dad. Don't you dare! LOLOL Just kidding. There is syn-crow-glitter-icity here because just this morning I emailed my creative friend here and asked her if she knows how to alter photos because I have been wanting to try it. Not digitally as in photoshop, etc., but with paint and medium. I just can't find the process. Is this what you are doing? Oh pleeeeeeeeze tell me. And pleeeeeeeeeeze don't make us wait six weeks to see the finished project!!! xoxoxo

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to see the finished product. Love Hugs and Blessings

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

Sometimes people do not have family.
Or sometimes the family isn't notified,
if they do not have children.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger violette said...

I can't believe the transformation Judi.....you are such an incredibly talented woman!

Love, violette

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home