Judi's Flying Monkeys

Friday, August 15, 2008

West Side Story

. . . and yes I cried (again! 30+ years later)
A story from an era but the music, dance and romance are timeless!
It also made me think of my neighborhood girlfriends swinging our prom dresses around singing..."I feel pretty, oh so pretty..."
That's when prom dresses were POOFY and glamorama. We all had similar dresses in different pastels...my dad said we looked "peachy!"
I liked that!
Isn't it funny how you can remember insignificant things but forget important ones? Maybe the little things are the important ones.
I've heard, the flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a hurricane on the other side of the world.
Meaning; be careful of the small things you say and do, they may seem insignificant to you but can be powerful enough to alter someone else's life!
....and you would be clueless!

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM , Blogger Janet said...

I remember POOFY pastel prom dresses but it was more than 30 years ago for me!

Some stories are just good no matter how many times you see/hear them....and this is one of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home