Judi's Flying Monkeys

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Gratitude with flying COLORS!

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
What more can I say? How can anyone wake up to a jam packed table of wonderful colors, the sun shining, birds singing, music playing, the aroma of fresh brewed coffee and totally "getting it".....HAVE A BAD DAY?
YOU CAN'T!!!!!
This REALLY is "life in session." I love that line that Loraine used to describe my art & post on the Glitter Sister blog. I hope someone reading this post today will NEED to hear this.

We have all been given certain "gifts" and to not use them and share is an act of ungratefulness.
I've been guilty of that many times. I had lots of excuses; my life is a mess, I can't focus, I'm too tired, I'm feeling overwhelmed and grouchy, I'm depressed, I don't feel loved, I have more important things to do, MY COUCH NEEDS HELD DOWN....I could fill the page with the things that I've used.
Bad excuses are better than none.
If you can't take the time to use your gift, think about this....I know plenty of people that would LOVE to have the ability to put color down "effortlessly." I've heard many times over..."I'd give anything to have talent like yours." I'm sure, if you are here...you ARE a like minded creative being and you've heard the same things.
Recently I was headed into one of my funks and had someone RUDELY shake me off my ..."poor me pedestal"! How dare this person force me to be creative when I'm not in the mood!
Here was the plan.
I would make a lame effort at a piece of art to prove, the timing is wrong.
I will call it "Forced" art.
The sketches looked bad, the composition had no thought, no color, no life and most of all no love.
Here's where it all backfired in my face.
While I was doing "pretend" sketches.....I saw something TINY on paper that opened up my creative thinking. It was a minute like the one...when your head stops throbbing after a hangover!

You know...the awwwwe feeling of "I'm lovin' this feeling of being alive! Happy days are here again."...(with the usual...I'm never drinking again..LOL)

Dark clouds lifted, the fog dissappeared, I felt energy in my blood and I realized I was "healing" my state of mind. It's happened before but
WHY CAN'T WE REMEMBER THAT WE HAVE THIS "MIRACLE" IN OUR POSSESSION?
IF BY CHANCE.....(and fate doesn't fly with me)....start again redhead...if God sent you to this page...and you are feeling down and out.....do this..
close your eyes and breathe....(for real) do it now
take a few deep breathes and realize what the air is doing for your body. The air is life force and energy. Feel it go in and out of your body..
FEEL THE ENERGY AND FEEL THE LOVE
Your life is IN SESSION right now.
Get your ass in gear.....snap out of your funk....
AND MOST OF ALL
FEEL THE LOVE I AM SENDING
...because
it's

THIS BIG!!!!
(FEEL IT?)
I KNEW YOU WOULD!
NOW BEFORE YOU GET ON YOUR CREATIVE WAY, DO A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS FOR SOMEONE THAT MIGHT NEED IT.
GIANT HUG TO ALL!

6 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Blogger Janet said...

First of all, I have to say that is a GIANT tub of markers or gel pens!!!

Second, this post is fantastic and the timing is great. I've been sort of sliding on my art....just not doing much and not sure why. I blamed it on the summer heat. But maybe I just need to start something and see what happens. Thanks for giving me a gentle shove in the right direction.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Sophie said...

What a great post! This truly made me smile.

*hugs*
Sophie

 
At 11:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Thanks for the kick in the pants I needed. Love the whole post and the beautiful art. Love Hugs and Blessings

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger artbrat said...

Such a great reminder to all of us. Thanks so much for sharing.

 
At 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Love I've been putting my art aside but I need to get back into it. This is a wonderfully motivative post! Thanks for sharing it! *HUGS*
Angela

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger trisha too said...

amen!
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home