Judi's Flying Monkeys

Sunday, September 10, 2006

IMAGINE




Just imagine what these painted canvas pieces will look like when I get get to them. They are sketched and painted waiting to be altered with paper, tickets, old newsprint, beads, etc. I'm hoping if I show them I will be forced to get moving. I think the TeaTime ladies will be awesome when they get colorful dresses and hats with beads. I sketched both images from an old magazine and old photo. The pottery man was a hottie guy and I went too dark on him. He looks like someone you wouldn't want on your flight, I have to fix that! All of the books in the background will have real book covers cut and glued to the canvas, probably yard sale MAN books, I would never alter a good book. FINALLY, I put up some real art! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE, what is my problem?
I also found another 50's photo of me and my friends from the hood. When I looked at it I remembered something, there are at least 4 other kids missing from the photo. Ughhh...how would you like to babysit this bunch? I am the one with the bushy hair

7 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger Pam Aries said...

I love OLD photos! you are a hoot, girl! You are such a crazeee gal. ... and totally CrAcK me up, cause I get all your humour! ! Can't wait to see your finished paintings!

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I was going to say the same thing that Pam said. You crack me up!

Love the pic of you and your hard core gang. hehe I haven't seen paintings altered like that (i don't think) so I am really anxious to see them! I bet they'll be so cool.

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger altermyworld said...

I can't wait to see these altered. You have got me really interested.
Ang

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

WOWEE girly girl, you and your "peeps" are just too cute! and your art....I can't wait to see all the added details (as it's great already). Hottie potter guy? hmmmm :)
xoxo

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger J C said...

Hey Judi I'm at work wasting time LOL Your art is great...why do you want to alter it? It's already wonderful! You should see the show we have up now. It's the International Acrylics Painters of Florida and it is one super show! Almost makes me want to canvas paint again. Almost! Why are you moving....won't you miss your lovely yard?

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

I love the teatime ladies just as it is, its a wonderful painting, but however you alter it will look good too I would imagine. It s
could be exhibited just as it is, you can paint!

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Tinker said...

Your artwork is looking awesome. As cool as it looks in progress, I can't wait to see how you alter it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home