Judi's Flying Monkeys

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Destiny

I found this in my old journal.

Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
Do your words ultimately result in the destiny you want?

This message hit home. My thoughts were dark and I couldn't figure out why. I've been cleaning house with the TV on a station that is running nonstop Sept 11th documentaries. Without realizing it I was reliving it and my heart is hurting again.
I worked for three days in New York city designing a show room with one of the men on flight 93. He brought his ten year old daughter to work one of those days and I remember her pouncing off a ladder on him when he was on a business call and he smiled. I think of that image often. I made a trip to the crash site in Pa. and left a message among the thousands of others. I have photos of the things people wrote and objects they left as a memorial. They are heartbreaking, especially the police and fireman's hats.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My neighbors lived in New York. The could see the Trade Center Buildings from their apartment. I told them I just can not even come close to imagining the horror of it all.

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Tinker said...

JudieRedhead, I just finally found your blog, and have been reading through it...
Even though the media hoopla is mostly over (except for the movie) for now; your words really touched me today.

I really like your quote about thoughts and words turning into actions and destiny, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home