Judi's Flying Monkeys

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Falling leaf



Click on photo to enlarge.


Wow, it's that time of year again!

This morning I took about 5 different shots before I caught the perfect leaf in mid flight.

Why would I do that when I could have just photoshopped one in?

Because I know I did it, I felt it, caught it and I was there
to experience
THE MOMENT.
A small miracle.

It was an exceptionally quiet and still morning. I scanned the yard and there was no sign of wind. The only movement was leaves dropping off the branches quietly and floating down in a spinning free fall. They were dropping seconds apart as if they were taking turns. As beautiful as it was, it also seemed a little sad to see her loose her awesome orange leaves.

CHANGE, to survive....every living thing has to embrace it.

You might know where I'm going with this.

Always take the time to look closely for miracles. They are all around you!

You know how I love dragonflys and their meaning. Creatures of change!

I am slowly watching a miracle unfold with my daughter.

Without going into details, she has not only been embracing change but she has been shining her light on others that are living in a dark place.



She is my dragonfly girl!
She is shining on the lily pad.

3 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Shine on. She learned from her mama.

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger Becky said...

I'm so thrilled about your daughter. {{{hugs and wings}}} to you both.

I totally get why you waited for the perfect moment with the leaf.

 
At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture. The one of the leaf falling and also the one of your daughter. So glad to keep hearing goods news from that end. LOve Hugs and Blessings

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home