Judi's Flying Monkeys

Monday, July 16, 2007

Awesome day!

(click on all photos to enlarge)
Did you ever want to take things from a finished piece of art to use on another?
I bought the Milagros hand in a small shop in NYCity and would love to add it to
to an art bracelet I am making. I can't let myself do that because this is the art challenge
that introduced me to the Glitter Sisters. I entered the piece to a CPS challenge and guess what? It was rejected. At first I was shocked then I remembered...
I did it to reconnect to myself.
The whole time I spent working on this piece I was totally LOST to the rest of the
world. It was the clarity I needed. I've grown so much since I worked on this piece.
I've opened up parts of me that I forgot about. I've made so many new friends since then.
I am so very grateful everyday for so many things.
Tonight I saw a patch of purple flowers along the backwaters.
No one was fishing so I pulled over and opened the hatch door,
sat and just listened to the quiet. I felt like I was "under the influence of water."
I was glad I had my camera but I didn't have a sketch pad or markers,
tomorrow I will.



She's also called the RED BROOM!
In the background are the wild flowers . . . . and I did
stop to smell them!
The backwaters (as they are called) are kind of like "small lakes" that
are close to a large dam on the Ohio River. The water goes UP and DOWN all the time.
If we are in a flood situation the water goes above the
bridge and highway to the left.
This small patch of wild flowers reminded me of the movie,
"what dreams may come."
A few feet away were the usual beer bottles and trash from
irresponsible boneheads! LITTERBUGS......THEY really make me crazy!
I did pick up a small piece of paper that read;
You know that I am writing this through tears and I can
barely see ........
(that was it)

On to something funny.

A friend went white water rafting downstate and they were selling

Tshirts; "If you hear BANJO music...paddle faster!"





7 Comments:

At 2:25 PM , Blogger J C said...

Wonderful post Judi. And the last one too. I will hate to see pottery man go becuz I think he is fantastic already, but I know you will make it even better. That daffodil story....I have seen that before, and I always thought it was just a "story" that someone made up. I had no idea it was really, really real. Yes, one person CAN change the world, if they really persevere. Thanks for the reminder and the lesson. xoxoxoxoxo

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Thats a fun post there Ms Judi, I was laffing at the Tshirt saying about the banjo music..
I saw one in NC in a fishing shop that said, Support your local hookers..

Fun, fun.. PEace, Kai. xx

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger Pam Aries said...

Lovin the RED Truck ..Girlll! Whee doggies! Wva is gorgeous in spring and Summer..and Fall!

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Sounds like a wonderful day....the perfect way to recharge the internal batteries. The t-shirt saying cracked me up - did I hear banjos? LOL!

I really like this art piece as well! As I said before I am SO happy to see you posting again AND showing your wonderful art!
XOXO

 
At 1:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha on the tee. Love the pics. Beautiful scenery you have there. Love Hugs and Blessings

 
At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! The pictures are beautiful! Lovely! *HUGS*

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger violette said...

fabulous post Judi! I'm glad that you stopped to smell the flowers or gaze at them! Also.....it's so neat that you reconnected with yourself....i'm so happy you did through that challenge on CPS....since i've found a wonderful friend in you!

Love, Violette

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home