Judi's Flying Monkeys

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Interesting painting technique


Images enlarge if you click on them. I wish I could find this artist's business card so I could give credit.
I met him at the 3RiverArt Festival in Pittsburgh. I loved his primitive style and use of color. Most of all I loved the 3D effect. It looked like he made a sketch, glued down cotton cord (maybe the weight of venetian blind strings or upholstery cording) also scraps of textured fabric (burlap, felt, etc) and painted layers of paint or maybe just heavy applications of paint. I think there were a lot of the metallic acrylics used that gave the pieces a metal, shimmering glitter look...hey-right up my alley!!!! I (of course) wanted to try this method in my own style of art but never got around to it.
I love learning from other artists. Most artists fear someone copying their style or the entire image and I'm sure it happens. I would never duplicate or copy. I have always looked at pieces and triggered the creative gears to spin....How can I try this with MY art? "My" being the key word.
If anyone has done this kind of art on canvas or if this sparks your creativity gears and you do make a piece of art....I'd love to see it. Leave me a post.
Paint on glitter people!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM , Blogger gma said...

Never have done this but I love 3d art.
These are cool!

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger J C said...

Really nice! 3Rivers has a website with artists listed. Maybe you can find him there. Do one. I wanna see! xoxoxo

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Mahala said...

Now I wanna try this. I will keep my eye out for the artist.
Nice work!
Mahala

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home